The Gibson Gazette

This blog contains the ramblings of a Brit who been living in Singapore 20 years and counting.

Monday, February 4, 2013

The picture above is of Shen and myself as we were getting married.It is a picture I just unearthed and I even used recently in my preaching! I look at it and thank God that He has been faithful in leading on from that time to where we are now.

Well, it's already February and I haven't updated this blog with our family news. Time really flies as you get older! Much has happened but I want to be brief and cover the major points so as not to bore you too much.

Last year marked a new beginning for me personally in the ministry. I realized that I was struggling in pastoring the English Service and the Lord intervened in the June church camp when I was called up by my senior Pastor and one of the board members. It was agreed that I was not functioning well in the present state so I needed a change of accountblity structure and mentoring on my leadership skills. As a result I have had over six months of revitalized ministry and am really thankful for the Church helping me in this. My stint as a pastor started off reluctantly as I am not naturally gifted with pastoral leadership/people management skills and it is not my main calling. However, God has 'pushed' me here to learn and mature and this last six months have been the most fruitful of all in my 10 years as a pastor (not in numerical terms but in personal maturity and developing of skills). Thank God for this valuable experience.

This year we are restructuring the English Service and developing the leaders. As well as my usual pastoral duties I will be going to the Phillipines in April to do Missions Training and am speaking in a church camp in Malaysia at the end of May plus other smaller speaking engagments inbetween. Shendy is still working in a day care centre and helps me in the ministry. Melody has just finished her A levels and is waiting for the results. In the meantime she has a job in Chloe (a shop in Takashimaya, Orchard Road), as Fashion Advisor. Gideon is building up for his O levels and is very involved in the Boys Brigade and helps me in Church. Matthew is enjoying life and loves football. He is in the school football team and they are presently competing in an inter-primary school tournament.

.Well, I told you it would be brief. I hope to add to this blog more frequently with shorter posts.

No comments: